Skin ADV
Perugia Turismo

Sala dei Notari

Corso Vannucci, 19 - Palazzo dei Priori

The heart of the institutional life

The Sala dei Notari is a magnificent rectangular hall supported by eight large arches, originally used for the people’s assemblies during the Free Commune. After 1582, it became seat of the powerful “Arte dei Notai” association, from which it takes its present name.

Only a few fragments remain of the original XIII-XIV Century frescoes. Most have been painted over or incorporated into the legends, tales, bible stories and coats of arms, including those of the Captains of the People and the Podestà by Matteo Tassi (1885). On the back wall stands out the coat of arms of Braccio Fortebraccio (One of the most important Lord of Perugia in the XV and XVI Century), while along the side walls are stalls and seats, rebuilt after XVI Century fashion.

Totally altered during three centuries of Papal rule, it was restored to its original state after 1860.

Opening hours: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Closed: Mondays and during events (concerts, conferences, etc.)
Wheelchair accessible 

Free entrance
Info: tel +39 075  5772339 (Comune di Perugia)


Perugia Capitale