Skin ADV
Perugia Turismo

Porta San Giacomo – Gate of San Giacomo

Via delle Forze

One of the Gates of the City

XIII Century gate belonging to the Medieval city Walls, West-oriented toward Chiusi and the Trasimeno Lake. It is named after the former Church of San Giacomo in Porta Eburnea. It was also called gate of: “del Castellano”, “dell’Olmo” and “di San Prospero”, because it led to these namesake churches. In 1858, due to the customs house, some gates were closed among which the Gate of San Giacomo that was replaced in its role by Crucia Gate. In the first years of the XX Century it was reopened.  

Perugia Capitale