Skin ADV
Perugia Turismo

Porta di Santa Croce - Gate of Santa Croce

Via Marconi

Also known as “Tre Archi” – Three Arches

The Gate of Santa Croce takes its name from the nearby Church of Santa Croce, which today is called San Giuseppe. Better known as “Tre Archi”(Three Arches) it is near the Funari Arch (XIII Century), which takes its name from the rope making profession.  

The new Gate, and the road passing through it were opened during the roads reorganization of 1857, following the project of the architect Giovanni Santini. In the past, it was used as a toll gate and in the exterior, there was the weighing machine for wares. In the interior of the Gate, is a portico with doric style columns (XIX Century). 

Perugia Capitale