Skin ADV
Perugia Turismo

Villa Donini

Via Deruta 43 - San Martino in Campo

Villas and Palaces

Villa Donini was built in 1760 by the Donini family, high quality fabric merchants coming from Florence,  who came in Perugia to acquire the honorific title of “counts”. The Villa was their country and hunting residence, while Palazzo Donini (1716, today seat of the Giunta regionale), was their city residence.

It is built with bricks with 6 central pillars and cross vaults in the ground and first floors. The inner rooms of the “piano nobile” (main floor) and the private chapel were frescoed and decorated by Francesco Appiani from Ancona and Nicola Giuli from Perugia (XVIII sec.), who had already decorated Palazzo Donini. The Villa is surrounded by a 22.000 sq m  park, with centuries old trees, surrounded still by the original walls; along one of the inner alleys five Etruscan Urns dating from the III Century B.C.

The Villa is today open to the public as accommodation facility.

The Villa is in SpoSi a Perugia project

Info: Tel. +39 075 609132

Perugia Capitale