Skin ADV
Perugia Turismo


Hamlets and Castles

Pretola has ancient origins and offers a pedestrian path on the right side of the Tevere that has become the symbol of the hamlet together with the square tower of the XIV Century. It was built to protect the Mill and the local feudal villa, that was contested by local factions. In 1371, the fortified villa was bought by the noble Family of the Boccoli, thanks to the intercession of Pope Urbano V.

In 1410, it was assaulted by Braccio da Montone, who put it on fire and destroyed all mills. In 1439, it became property of the Ospedale di Santa Maria della Misericordia of Perugia.

The Church, dedicated to San Nicola di Bari, dates back to the XIV Century. Within a wooden statue of San Nicola and traces of frescos of the XV  Century.

Perugia Capitale