Skin ADV
Perugia Turismo

Arco dei Funari – Arch of the Funari Corporation

From via Vibi to via Marconi

One of the gates of the City

The “Arco dei Funari” (XIII Century), is made of white and pink stone and is South-oriented in the Porta S. Pietro district, it belongs to the medieval walls. Its name takes origin from the rope making profession, which was present in this area with several workshop.
It is also named after the Vibi and della Penna Families which lived nearby. Palazzo della Penna has, in its southern perimeter, a section of the medieval walls.

During the 1857 roads reorganization, the Arch was lowered  to the current street level, taking away its original importance. 

Perugia Capitale