Skin ADV
Perugia Turismo

Nobile Collegio della Mercanzia

Corso Vannucci, 15

Ancient seat of the Merchants Guild

The Nobile Collegio della Mercanzia, first city Guild followed by that of the Moneychangers, is set in the “fondachi” (warehouses) of Palazzo dei Priori since 1390. The Guild, to show its richness, chose the precious wooden decoration, covering without interruption both walls and ceilings of the Sala delle Udienze (Audience Chamber).

It is a rare example of inlaid panels reproducing the XIV Century models of the prism and quatrefoil inscribed in the square, made by workers of Nordic provenience. Noteworthy is the pulpit of the Justice, with the coloured symbols of the city, of the Guild and the four cardinal virtues (Justice, Fortitude, Prudence and Temperance).

The counter, of the same period, was inlaid by the peruginian Costanzo di Mattiolo. In the bezel under the vault the emblem of the Guild, the Griffin of Perugia above a ball of wool.

The Archives of the Collegio preserves the statutes and the illuminated Registers manuscripts (XIV-XVI Century).

Opening Hours:
1st March – 31th October
Tuesdays - Saturdays  9:00 am – 1:00 pm 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Sundays and public holidays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
1st November – 28th February
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 8:00 am – 2:00 pm; Wednesdays and Saturdays 8:00 am – 4:30 pm; Sundays and holidays: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm

Open Easter Monday 
Closed: Mondays, 1st May; 25th December

Entrance: Adults € 1,50
Wheelchair accessible
Combined ticket: with Collegio del Cambio € 5,50

Info: tel and fax  +39 075 5730366
Email: infomusei@comune.perugia.it; collegiomercanzia@libero.it
Websitewww.collegiomercanzia.it;

bk-news
Perugia Capitale